With an S.A.T license from the International Academy of WingChun, you can become an S.A.T instructor and lead a training centre in a location of your choice. The prerequisite for this is that no S.A.T instructor is active in this location.
Obtaining the license requires the knowledge and ability to apply the elementary basic techniques of the S.A.T.
Both students and former students of the IAW who have reached the 9th student level in WingChun already have the prerequisites for acquiring a license as an S.A.T Assistant Instructor (white badge), provided that there are concrete plans to open an S.A.T Training Centre. Students and former students of the IAW who have reached the 5th to 8th student level but who can prove at least 5 S.A.T seminars with GM Sifu K Brand are also among those who have fulfilled the requirements.
For everyone who is interested in training as an S.A.T Instructor, but which I have not yet had the opportunity to get to know, seminars to learn the S.A.T teaching program and to prepare for the exam to obtain the license to become an Assistant Instructor will be offered in the future.
The amount of the annual S.A.T license fees can be requested from the respective academy leader or directly from the IAW Headquarters.
The S.A.T does not include any graduation levels. There is only the identification for instructors in the form of a badge.
- The white badge for Assistant Instructors is awarded upon passing the S.A.T Assistant Instructor exam. Assistant Instructor training does not require running a Training Centre. The training and examination to become an Assistant Instructor (white badge) is open to all S.A.T students of the International Academy of WingChun.
The opening of an Training Centre during the preparatory training to become an S.A.T Instructor is also possible after prior agreement.
- The black badge (Instructor I) is awarded as soon as the certified S.A.T Instructor's own training centre is opened.
- The black badge (Instructor I) can also be awarded to Assistant Instructors without their own Training Centre, provided that the Assistant Instructor was involved in the training of the students in an S.A.T Training Centre for 2 years.
- The silver badge (Instructor II) is awarded to instructors who have successfully managed an S.A.T Training Centre for 2 years.
- The golden badge (Instructor III) is awarded after 3 more successful years as leader of an S.A.T Training Centre. A Level 3 Instructor is authorized to designate the Training Centre as an S.A.T Academy.
Badge for special achievements and Tilel. (without time-bound specifications)
An Instructor who have already produced other instructors from their own ranks and who support me in spreading the S.A.T can be appointed as a Master.
Furthermore, GM Sifu K Brand reserves the right to one day officially appoint an S.A.T. Master for special merits as a Sifu.
Awarded after passing the instructor exam
Awarded upon the opening of a licensed S.A.T Training Centre as well as to Assistant Instructors after 2 years of supporting service
It is not necessary to run your own training center to reach this level. This is achievable for all S.A.T students
Awarded after 2 successful years as an instructor
Awarded after 3 more successful years as an instructor
Awarded to Level III Instructors for outstanding service in promoting the S.A.T